PAI News - August 31, 2020
- The Celebrity Livestream with Chef Ron Duprat was a huge success! This past Saturday, Top Chef Ron hosted a live cooking demonstration where he showed viewers how to make his signature Hoisin Chili Sticky Spare Ribs. Watch the replay here.
- Not sure which wine to drink with dinner tonight? Ask pAIr.bot, the newest offering from Lanier AI Labs.
The PAI Coin Core Developers have released their September roadmap for launching Hybrid Consensus. See below for more details.
To encourage more participation, the deadlines for ALL Project PAI Developer Challenge has been extended indefinitely. We will announce a cutoff date in the future, once an adequate number of submissions have been received. Submit your work any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember: All high-quality submissions will be rewarded with 1,500 PAI and the best submission is eligible for a Grand Prize of 15,000 PAI. Don’t miss out!
Reminder: If you need to access your PAI Up Wallet across multiple devices, the PAI Up Web Wallet is another way to do so. You can send, receive, and manage your PAI Coin securely from all major web browsers. Access your wallet on now at wallet.paiup.com
PAI Weekly Updates
PAI Coin Pool Gold
PAI Coin Pool Gold is a new subscription service being launched as part of PAI Coin Pool. It is a premium service that will offer subscribers additional perks, promotions, and offers through PAI Coin Pool.
PAI Coin Pool Gold subscribers, for a nominal annual fee, paid in Bitcoin OR PAI Coin, will receive:
- Exclusive access to PCP Gold Live Streams, such as the upcoming PAI Celebrity Series with Rob Mac, an NBA Skills Trainer. For a limited time, these special events are available to the general public, but soon will require subscription to PCP Gold.
- Increased mining & staking block rewards
- Increased referral rewards
- Access to exclusive promotions to earn more PAI
- Access to a command-line version of PAI Miner
- Complimentary subscriptions to partner apps, like PlayersIQ
Note: We are accepting both Bitcoin and PAI Coin for PCP Gold subscriptions to give you flexibility and the opportunity to hold onto your PAI Coin for staking.
Sign up for early access to PAI Coin Pool if you haven’t already: https://gold.paicoinpool.com/
PAI Coin Pool Gold Early Access
Tiered Staking Rewards
All users have the opportunity to earn more PAI Coin through staking if the total amount staked increases past certain thresholds.
Current total amount staked:
- 63.9 million PAI
- 75 million PAI
Block reward will increase to:
- 100 PAI (+33%)
Ongoing Developer Challenges
Here’s a complete list of all the ongoing Project PAI challenges. The deadlines are approaching quickly, so submit your work soon! Project descriptions are available in the July 27 Newsletter: PAI News 📰 - July 27, 2020
|Title||Type||Deadline||Participant Reward||Grand Prize|
|PCP UI/UX Design||Design/Product||TBD||1,500 PAI||15,000 PAI|
|PoUW Docker Machine Setup||Coding||TBD||1,500 PAI||6,000 PAI|
|PoUW Byzantine Detector||Coding/Research||TBD||1,500 PAI||6,000 PAI|
|PoUW General Computation||Coding||TBD||1,500 PAI||6,000 PAI|
|PoUW Grafana Dashboard||Coding||September 25, 2020||1,500 PAI||30,000 PAI|
|PoUW Merkle History Log||Coding/Research||October 23, 2020||1,500 PAI||60,000 PAI|
PAI Hybrid Consensus
The Project PAI Core Developers have released the September roadmap for Hybrid Consensus launch. The hard fork is tentatively scheduled for September 30 (Note that it is only possible to schedule the fork to occur when the PAI Blockchain reaches a specific height/length, not at a specific date and time.)
Here’s a more detailed snapshot of development progress being made:
- Testnet development: Prepared virtual machines and resolved Ubuntu 16.04 compilation problems.
- Ongoing Mining Core updates for Hybrid compatibility
- Updating PAIchain.info Block Explorer indexing to support and display new transaction types and block header changes
- Implemented maturity handling for vote and revocation transaction outputs
- Updated code to allow spending of vote and revocation transaction outputs
- Resolved issues with bundling stake transactions in blocks
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Sound off on PAI Forum!
Thank you for your support!