Upcoming Updates to PAI Proof of Useful Work (PoUW)
Last Friday on June 13th at 8:00pm Beijing Time, Dr. Mark Harvilla and Dr. Andrei Lihu hosted an AMA session about Project PAI’s Proof of Useful Work concept (PoUW). PoUW is currently a research project that aims to enable miners to perform Machine Learning Computations while verifying PAI Coin transactions simultaneously.
During the PAI Tech Roadmap AMA, Dr. Mark Harvilla also touched upon the concept with the video demo shared below. In this video, you can see PoUW in action with the following steps:
A user shares data to train a machine learning model with the PAI Blockchain
Three nodes are active in this process:
One node is training the machine learning model
A second node is verifying the model
A third node is maintaining a copy of the blockchain.
In the upcoming weeks, PAI core contributors will be working on the following updates to PoUW to enable more people to easily participate in this project:
- Consolidate the entire PoUW project into one easy, accessible repository.
- Setup a step-by-step walkthrough for PAI community members to easily setup their own version of the project.
- Provide small command-line utilities for users to test the project.
When the new demo and utilities are released, we will announce a challenge to give users an opportunity to earn extra PAI by successfully completing a demo project.
While the PAI core contributors are hard at work delivering these new updates, you can learn more about PoUW with the following resources:
- Check out the PoUW AMA Presentation: https://projectpai.com/assets/files/pouw/pouw_presentation-v4.pdf
- Clone the Github repositories, fork them, and submit your own changes and ideas:
- PoUW Core Implementation: https://github.com/projectpai/pouw-main-iteration
- PoUW Kubernetes: https://github.com/projectpai/pouw-k8s
We thank you again for your continued support!