PAI News - October 12, 2020
Announcements & Reminders
The PAI Coin Mainnet Hard Fork occurred when the PAI Blockchain reached height 154,550 at 11:16 PM UTC on October 6, 2020.
Here is the first block after the fork: https://bit.ly/3nxZ1qU
This began the Interim Transition Period (ITP), throughout which Stake Voucher purchases, Stake Voucher voting, and public mining were incrementally enabled.
The ITP concluded when the PAI Blockchain reached height 155,718 which occurred at 11:21 PM UTC on October 11, 2020.
PAI Coin is now a truly decentralized blockchain with completely unrestricted public mining and staking.
- Please rate PAI Up 5 stars and write a good review in the Apple App Store!
PAI Up Android is IN REVIEW for official listing in the Google Play Store. Stay tuned for further updates.
PAI Coin Pool deposits and withdrawals will be resumed starting at 7 PM UTC on October 13, 2020.
Upon conclusion of the ITP, PAI Coin Pool block rewards will increase.
- For every block that PAI Coin Pool mines, 600 PAI Coin of the block reward allotted to miners will be distributed proportionally across PCP users that are actively mining.
- For every block that PAI Coin Pool successfully votes on, the amount of the 900 PAI Coin of the block reward allotted to stake vouchers that PAI Coin Pool held will be distributed proportionally across PCP users that have open stakes.
- All rewards are subject to a 2.5% pool fee.
More Information about the ongoing transition to Hybrid Consensus:
- How to prepare for the Hybrid Consensus hard fork: 09/23 - Hybrid Consensus Hard Fork
- How to setup and maintain a PAI Coin Full Node: Building and Maintaining a PAI Coin Full Node
- How mining and staking on PAI Coin Pool will change after the Hybrid Fork: PAI Coin Pool and Hybrid PoW/PoS
- How to solo stake: Coming Soon!
- How to solo mine: PAI Coin Solo Mining Guide
As always, if you use PAI Up Mobile or Web, remember to WRITE DOWN YOUR PAPER KEY according to the instructions below.
Check out paicountdown.com for a live countdown to upcoming blockchain events and a record of past events!
- Set up a full node and earn a PAI Coin Pool bonus of 666 PAI! Set up a full node according to these instructions, then email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your PCP account. In the email, include the IP address or URL of your full node. We will reply with further instructions on how to claim your reward.
Write Down Your PAI Up Paper Key
PAI Up Mobile
In your PAI Up Mobile, go to Menu → Security Settings → Paper Key → Write Down Paper Key Again. Enter your PIN, then physically write down the 12 words that are displayed and store them in a safe place.
PAI Up Web
Sign in to your wallet at https://wallet.paiup.com. From the dashboard, click Security Center in the Menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Scroll down and click Backup or Backup Again (if you’ve done it before), then click Get Paper Key. Write down the first 4 words of your paper key, click Next 4 Words, and proceed until you’ve written down all 12 words. Finally, click Finish & Verify, and enter the words you’re prompted for. Store them in a safe place.
PAI Hybrid Consensus
Here’s a snapshot of development work the team has been focused on:
- Implemented fork detection and mining algorithm switch in PAI Miner;
- Implemented new unit test cases for stake aware mining in PAI Miner;
- Prepared release of PAI Up for iOS;
- Updated PAI Up wallet for Android;
- Investigated bugs with the mobile wallet and PAI Miner;
- Fixed all failing unit tests in lottery_tests, miner_tests, ticket_tests, pow_tests;
- Ongoing work to fix functional tests;
- Tested new pai-miningcore payment processor rules;
- Tested full system composed of pai-miningcore, cpuminer and paicoin/hybrid-consensus
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Sound off on PAI Forum!
Thank you for your support!