PAI News - July 13, 2020
Welcome to the 15th edition of the revamped PAI Newsletter! We wanted to start off with a big THANK YOU to the community for reading and for supporting the exciting work happening at Project PAI! We hope you enjoy this week’s updates.
On July 18, 2020, 10:00AM Beijing Time (July 17, 2020, 7:00PM PDT), PAI core contributors will be hosting an AMA to present and answer any questions regarding the PAI Hybrid Consensus. We are also preparing for collaborations with some academic institutions on some hot topics for blockchain research and industry on the PAI blockchain.
Register here to join the AMA: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqc-GqqD4iHteA9jMbG9lAx3GGNeMBK1R0
PAI Weekly Updates
PAI Coin Pool
A new version of PAI Miner is available now! This new version 220.127.116.11 introduces a status indicator allowing you to easily monitor the connectivity status of your app. The three states you may see are as follows:
- Connected (Green Light): Indicates that PAI Miner is running and is connected to PAI Coin Pool.
- Not Connected (Yellow Light): Indicates that PAI Miner is running, but cannot connect to PAI Coin Pool. In this case, you should check your internet connection.
- Off (Red Light): Indicates that PAI Miner is not running. In this state, you can click “Start” at any time to begin mining.
Here are the download links. Install it today!
This week, we continue work towards implementing the PAI Coin Pool subscription service. Reminder to sign up for early access to PAI Coin Pool here: https://gold.paicoinpool.com/
PAI Coin Pool Gold Early Access
PAI Hybrid Consensus
Here’s a snapshot of some of the commits / PRs and progress we made last week:
- Ongoing updates to CPU miner for supporting SHA-3 and switching between hash functions based on the block template received from the stratum server.
- Last week, we finished designing and specifying necessary updates to PAIchain.info for Hybrid compatibility. Check out last week’s newsletter for a preview of the new design. This week, we continue work on implementing the updates.
Proof of Useful Work
We’ve written extensive and thorough documentation for the Proof of Useful Work GitHub repository. The PAI developers encourage everyone to check out the fully functional, interactive codebase, and to submit any feedback. You can start by following the detailed tutorial for running the PoUW demo here https://github.com/projectpai/pouw-main-iteration
PAI Forum & PAI Pass
- The new paiforum.com is LIVE! Check it out now:
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Sound off on PAI Forum!
Thank you for your support!