PAI News - January 18, 2021
PAI Up 1.4.8 is here! UPDATE TODAY.
This fixes a crashing issue related to blocks that have a large number of stake voucher revocations
Check out the comparison between DCR and PAI here:
- Download the PDF: PAI - Hybrid Consensus vs. Decred.pdf (51.1 KB)
PAI Up iOS is now available in the Apple App Store (not available in Mainland China due to local laws ).
- Download PAI Up iOS here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pai-up/id1533457193
PAI Up Android is now available in the Google Play Store.
- Download PAI Up Android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ai.lanier.paiup
You can also download the Android APK version and follow the mobile wallet links on paiup.com
A demo version of the The PAI Data Protocol is now available to test, enabling users to try to encrypt and store data using the PDP2 protocol specification. It’s currently used for services such as PAI Pass.
- Test out the PAI Data Protocol here today: PAI Data Storage Demo
PAI Coin Pool Staking Rewards Summary
Currently pending stakes
- Total staked amount: 94.4 million PAI
- Total pending rewards to date: 19.1 million PAI
- Average stake duration: 51.0 weeks
- Total staked amount: 5.09 million PAI
- Total rewards: 164,347 PAI
- Average stake duration: 4.5 weeks
- Set up a full node and earn a PAI Coin Pool bonus of 666 PAI! Set up a full node according to these instructions, then email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your PCP account. In the email, include the IP address or URL of your full node. We will reply with further instructions on how to claim your reward.
- Create a pre-compiled binary version of paicoind for others to use and get rewarded 10,000 PAI Coin! We want to make it easier for community members to run full nodes and to solo mine and solo stake. One of the ways we can do this is by providing precompiled binaries of the PAI Coin Core software (which comprises paicoind and the paicoin-cli) so that users don’t have to compile the software from source.
- In order to participate, email a link to download your pre-compiled binary (either for Linux, macOS, or Windows) to email@example.com. The first three valid entries received for each platform will be eligible for the reward.
How to connect PAI Up Mobile to a specific node
Follow these instructions if you are unable to sync PAI Up or if your PAI Wallet still displays incorrect data after a sync.
Traditional apps, like WeChat, connect to a central server to retrieve and upload new data like incoming and outgoing messages, or new Moments from other users. PAI Up doesn’t work like that. Since the PAI Blockchain is a decentralized peer-to-peer network, there is no central server. But every PAI Coin Full Node acts like a central server, and when you launch PAI Up, the app has to choose—basically, at random—which Full Node to connect to.
If your connection to the node is poor (for example, because it’s physically far away), or there happens to be something wrong with that node (for example, because its owner is not properly maintaining it), PAI Up might not work well. In this case, you should manually reconnect to a different node. Here’s how.
From the main screen of PAI Up → Menu → Preferences → PAI Coin Settings → PAI Coin Nodes.
Now, take note of the “Current Primary Node,” then choose “Switch to Manual Mode.” From there, enter one of the following nodes (one that doesn’t match the Current Primary Node from the previous screen) in the top field and choose “OK.” You can enter either the URL or the IP address directly. Then, make sure the “Node Connection Status” shows “Connected.” If it doesn’t, or if it oscillates between “Connected” and “Connecting,” choose a different node from the list below and repeat the process.
Official PAI Coin Seed Nodes
|seoul-seed.projectpai.com||22.214.171.124||Seoul, South Korea|
|relay.j1149.com||126.96.36.199||New York, USA|
If these tips still don’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling PAI Up.
PAI Developer Updates
Here’s a snapshot of development work the team has been focused on:
- [PAI Coin Core] Updates to PAI Coin Core for solo staking are ongoing. This update will enable solo stakers to specify “yes” or “no” votes on blocks based on certain criteria such as coinbase address;
- [PoUW] Documentation of the current state of progress and future roadmap is in progress;
- [PAI Up iOS] Version 1.4.8 was released. This update fixes a crashing issue related to blocks that have a large number of stake voucher revocations.
- [Catena NFT Marketplace]
- Made plans to move the development version of the site to production.
- Coordinated feedback with testers and artists for ongoing feedback.
- Begun work on adding more references to on-chain data and associate messages with on-chain references.
- Begun work on optimizing mobile browser experience for users.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Sound off on PAI Forum!