PAI News - August 3, 2020
In honor of our upcoming AMA with Rob Mac, leading NBA skills trainer, welcome to the Basketball edition of the revamped PAI Newsletter! Enjoy!
- PAI Coin Pool Gold is hosting a livestream event with leading NBA skills trainer, Rob Mac. Rob will talk about his experiences working with some of the best-known athletes in the NBA. All PAI community members are invited to join as a sneak peek into the type of engaging content that will be offered through PCP Gold.
On August 8, 9:00am Beijing Time (August 7, 6:00pm PDT), PAI core contributors will be hosting an AMA livestream about the NBA featuring basketball trainer Rob Mac. Rob is a world-class professional basketball trainer who creates personalized, intensive training programs for basketball players of all levels, from high school players to NBA All Stars. Rob trains some of the top players in the NBA, including MVPs Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook.
Register your spot to meet Rob! https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlde2oqz4jEt3WF8nPT16F9CYHp9XkHf_L
PAI Weekly Updates
PAI Coin Pool
Remember to sign up for early access to PAI Coin Pool if you haven’t already: https://gold.paicoinpool.com/
PAI Coin Pool Gold Early Access
What is PAI Coin Pool Gold?
PAI Coin Pool Gold is a new subscription service being launched as part of PAI Coin Pool. It is NOT a fundraising initiative. It is a paid service that will offer subscribers additional perks, promotions, and offers through PAI Coin Pool.
PAI Coin Pool Gold subscribers, for a nominal annual fee, paid in PAI Coin or Bitcoin, will receive:
- Exclusive access to PCP Gold Live Streams, such as the upcoming PAI Celebrity Series with Rob Mac, an NBA Skills Trainer. For a limited time, these special events are available to the general public, but soon will require subscription to PCP Gold.
- Increased mining & staking block rewards
- Increased referral rewards
- Access to exclusive promotions to earn more PAI
- Access to a command-line version of PAI Miner
- Complimentary subscriptions to partner apps, like PlayersIQ
Calling all UI/UX designers
As mentioned in last week’s newsletter and during the PAI Hybrid Consensus Live Stream session on July 18, we are making a call for UI/UX design proposals for PAI Coin Pool.
Once Hybrid Consensus is launched, we are exploring the possibility of enabling users to directly purchase individual Stake Vouchers through PAI Coin Pool. We ask any UI/UX designers to submit proposals and ideas on how best to seamlessly integrate this feature into PCP. We encourage you to submit UI mock-ups, user flow diagrams, and a description of the User Experience (UX) you recommend.
All high-quality submissions received before August 18, 2020 will be rewarded a nominal amount of 1,500 PAI Coin.
A special Grand Prize of 15,000 PAI Coin will be awarded to the best submission completed before August 18, 2020.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAI Hybrid Consensus
Here’s a snapshot of some of the commits / PRs and progress we made last week:
- Implemented changes needed to show transaction types in the output ‘getrawtransaction’ and ‘getblock’ (https://github.com/projectpai/paicoin/pull/314)
- Ongoing investigation of issues related to passing stake validation height to the latest version of cpuminer (https://github.com/projectpai/cpuminer/tree/feature/no-redundant-submissions)
- Investigating assert at testnet block height 365 (https://github.com/projectpai/paicoin/blob/feature/hybrid-consensus/kubernetes/src/txmempool.cpp#L663)
- Testing low and high values for hybrid fork, stake enabling height, and stake validation height
Proof of Useful Work
While the Core Contributing team focuses its efforts primarily on the upcoming launch of Hybrid Consensus, we’ve designed some projects to guide developers in the community on how they can directly contribute to Proof of Useful Work.
Here, we present five projects of varying complexity. All high-quality submissions of project solutions will be rewarded a nominal amount of 1500 PAI Coin.
Additionally, for each of the four projects, one Grand Prize will be awarded to the best submissions completed by the due date. The Grand Prizes and corresponding due dates for each project are as follows.
|Project||Grand Prize||Due Date|
|Docker Machine Setup||6000 PAI||August 28, 2020|
|Byzantine Detector||6000 PAI||August 28, 2020|
|General Computation||6000 PAI||August 28, 2020|
|Grafana Dashboard||30000 PAI||September 25, 2020|
|Merkle History Log||60000 PAI||October 23, 2020|
The same individual is welcome to submit solutions to multiple projects, but only one submission per individual per project is allowed.
Project solutions should be submitted as a well-documented and fully functional git repository. There are no other constraints. Projects will be judged by the core contributing developers on the following metrics:
- Code Quality (e.g., proper exception handling, coding conventions followed)
- Usability (Ease of Use) & Portability
- Reliability & Robustness
- Documentation Quality
Questions, comments, and (partial or complete) submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Sound off on PAI Forum!
Thank you for your support!